Free or Low-Cost Date Ideas That Aren't Lame10:22:00 AM
- Make your own version of butterbeer and marathon the Harry Potter movies. Or, as an alternative, read the Harry Potter books out loud to each other. Or do all of the above! I have to say, Jesse gets credit for these things. I knew he was perfect for me when he suggested we make butterbeer together, and we've done it many times since.
- Watermelon carving! And another that I want to try is pineapple carving. This is especially fun if you make it a competition and if you get a completely objective third party observer with absolutely no personal interest in the matter (name that movie (it's She's the Man)) to choose a winner. Unless of course they choose your competition. Then it is not quite as fun.
- Pick a movie. Any movie. Mute it. And make up your own lines. This is extra fun if people are walking in and out of your apartment and so you kind of look like you're crazy.
- Find whatever is the in-style new hip-hop dance move and watch Youtube tutorials in an attempt to mimic it. Realize that you cannot dance and don't give up regardless because you're really stubborn.
- Find board games that you can play with just two people. Preferably ones that aren't lame (going with the theme here of course). My personal favorite is Fluxx and I'm low key addicted.
- Paint together. Paint something for each other or just paint something for yourself.
- Story time: When Jesse and I started dating, he thought he had to plan exciting activities all the time. Well one night I didn't feel like going out, so I suggested we go swing at the park. It was one of my most favorite things that we have ever done, because we just swang next to each other and asked each other questions and it was too fun.